Appetizers can make or break a party. With this easy raw vegan guacamole recipe – plus my salsa, white hummus, chips, crudites, and a few pitchers of margaritas… Who needs dinner?!
I made this Raw Vegan Guacamole Recipe for a party we had on the deck. It was gone in half an hour! Before all the guests had even arrived!
Luckily I had extra avocados on hand and made another batch. This recipe serves 6. I had 12 guests but thought not everyone would want guacamole. Wrong! This was a big hit and a perfect accompaniment to the Margaritas we made with my new Vita-mix.
This spicy raw vegan guacamole is a very popular dip for tortilla chips and crudites. This recipe is very easy to make and the ingredients are easy to find.
Cut the avocados in half lengthwise and save the skins — you can use them as little serving bowls!
- Haas Avocado - 3 ripe
- Diced Onions - 3/4 cup
- Garlic - 1 large clove, minced or pressed
- Plum Tomatoes - 2, diced
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cayenne - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cilantro - chopped, 1 tablespoon
- Lime Juice - 2-3 teaspoons
- Cut avocados in half. Remove the seed and scoop out into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle all the other ingredients over the avocado.
- Use a wooden paddle to break up the avocado and thoroughly mix all ingredients. Some people like to use a potato masher for this.
- Optional: Place plastic wrap directly on the top of the guacamole and let sit for 30 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Spoon into avocado skins or a bowl. Garnish with lime wedges.
- Serve with tortilla chips, or keep it all raw with crudites!