This salsa is so yummy, fresh tasting and easy, you will never use store-bought jarred salsa again! This salsa recipe is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free.
If you want the salsa less spicy, remove the seeds and membranes from the jalapeno pepper.
I eat it with celery sticks when I want to make it almost no-cal. I also use it as a salad dressing, and a topping on other foods such as rice, beans, or sandwiches.
Cilantro gives the salsa its fresh, clean taste. I tear the leaves from the stems and use a whole handful of the leaves.
Fresh, delicious, vegan salsa! Makes a great dip for crudites or chips. Or use as a topping on salads, sandwiches, rice, potatoes, and just about any vegetable.
- Tomatoes - 2 large
- Onion - 1 small
- Garlic - 1 large clove, minced or pressed
- Jalapeno Pepper - 1 minced
- Cilantro - 1/2 to 1 cup fresh leaves
- Canned tomatoes - 1 can
- Lemon Juice - 2-3 teaspoons
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or Vita-Mix.
- Blend for about 15 seconds.
- Stir to be sure all ingredients are well mixed.
- Serve with Tortilla chips or crudites. Or use as a dressing.